Monday, July 11, 2011


So my last post was about going in a new direction...and then I go and revisit the torn paper method I used to employ! Partly I wanted to see how it felt to work that way again, and I needed a bit more variety in my pieces to take to meet with a gallery owner in Iowa. (With 16 pieces on display in a physician's office and 18 of my recent pieces now in Montana, I have mostly just the shredded works on hand.) So... it felt kind of odd to be tearing my manipulated photo prints and I didn't really like how it looked after I covered the 12"x9" panel with imagery. So, the next day I tore art papers and added them to the scene, covering any white edges of the torn imagery and lessening the details in the image. I like it much better now.